Growthpoint Properties Investment Proposition
An international property company with assets in South Africa, Eastern Europe, Australia and the UK, Growthpoint Properties is the largest South African primary REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) listed on the JSE and a 50% stakeholder in the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town. With an increasing number of assets offshore, we own and manage a diversified portfolio of over 500 property assets, locally and internationally. Growthpoint has operated as a REIT from 1 July 2013. A tax regime that provides “flow-through” on a pre-tax basis of the net property income to investors in the form of a taxable dividend, REITs are the most prevalent structure for investment in property in international jurisdictions. As investment in listed property continues to globalise, the REIT structure has become a recognised international standard. Growthpoint is included in the JSE Top 40 Index with a market capitalisation of R42.4bn and an average of R3.1bn worth of shares traded per month, as of 30 June 2022.
Our investment proposition at a glance:
- The largest South African, primary JSE listed REIT
- Diversified across international geographies, sectors and income streams
- Quality of earnings, underpinned by high-quality physical property assets
- Largest portfolio of internally managed properties in South Africa
- Fast –growing funds management business
- Experienced in-house development capability
- Uninterrupted track record of paying dividends
- 38th largest company in the FTSE/JSE Top 40 Index
- Market capitalisation R42.4bn (at R12.35 per share)
- Liquid and tradeable with R3.1bn average value of shares traded per month
- 13th year inclusion in FTSE/JSE Responsible Index
- 6th year inclusion in the FTSE4Good Emerging Index
- Largest portfolio of Green Star rated buildings in South Africa
- Constituent of FTSE EPRA/NAREIT Emerging Index
- Dynamic and proven management track record
- Best practice corporate governance
- Transparent reporting
- Level 1 B-BBEE contributor
- Investment grade SA domestic debt rating
South African Business
Growthpoint owns and manages a portfolio of 408 directly owned properties in South Africa. Valued at R68.76bn, it is spread across a broad range of sectors:
Growthpoint has a 62.2% holding in Australian stock exchange–listed Growthpoint Properties Australia (GOZ), which owns 27 office properties and 31 industrial properties situated mainly on the Eastern seaboard of Australia, and a 60.8% interest in London Stock Exchange–listed Capital & Regional (C&R) which owns seven, needs-based retail assets in the United Kingdom.
Growthpoint also has a 29.4% stake in London Stock Exchange (AIM) listed Globalworth Real Estate Investments (GWI), which own mainly office assets in Poland and Romania.
Lango Real Estate Limited, managed by Lango Real Estate Management Limited, and established by Growthpoint and Ninety One, was launched in 2018 and strategically timed to take advantage of a highly attractive entry-point into retail, office and industrial assets located in key cities on the African continent (excl. South Africa) offering strong growth prospects.